Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

Interview Question for Management Post

1.       So, tell me a little about yourself.
My name is Peter. I graduated from XYZUniversity with bachelor degree in Sales. After 5 yearsworking as a Sales Manager, I have well experienced intraining, mentoring and motivating other sales personnelto achieve the goals of the Company.

2.       Give a brief summary of your experience inyour latest positions

have worked for ABC Companyas Sales Manager for North-East Region. With my skillsfrom training courses, I developed many sales campaignswhich contributed much to the development of newcustomers and maintenance of current customer base.After 6 months, my sales force and I did regain thecompany’s market and promote the sales revenue up by37%.



3.       What is your viewpoint of management?

I believe the main goal of any management position is to get things done by evenly distributing the workload to the most qualified members of the team. They also make sure that each member of the team has all the resources and training that are necessary to complete the job.

4.       What is your definition of success?

In my opinion and as it relates to the workplace, success is a measurable variable. If you don’t measure your accomplishments, success is lost. Success can be tied to everything you do each day.

5.       What is your definition of failure?

For starters, failure is an event and not a person and you only fail if you quit and I’m not a quitter. I may not complete a project on time or miss an important deadline, but that does not qualify as having failed in my book. If I complete a task, but miss a deadline, I still consider it a success because I finished, but without the desired result



6.       Do you feel that you are an organized person?
Yes, I consider myself to be very well organized. Everyday when I arrive at work, I check my email and messages. Then I plan out exactly what I am going to do that day. Even if I already know that I am going to work on the Johnson proposal, I still review my current status and set my goals for the day. At the end of the day, I review my progress and plan for the following day

7.       How do you manage your time
I only have so many hours in the day to get my work done and I have found that if I don’t create daily, weekly, and monthly goals, it seems like nothing ever gets done. I keep track of all my responsibilities and goals in spreadsheet and review them daily.
I mark down when I am first assigned a task, how long I think it will take, when it needs to be completed and how much time I will need to spend on it each day to complete the job on time. This helps me in so many ways, but mainly it keeps me on track with what is important. It also helps me from getting overbooked and promising more than I can deliver. Now, I can always deliver what I promise and be on-time

8.       What information do you need before making a decision?

“Before I make any kind of important decision, I first consider all the surrounding facts, possible outcomes and the desired goal. I won’t hesitate to seek an outside opinion and I generally do, but I am the one who makes the ultimate decision

9.       How do you react to problems?

“I don’t react to problems, but acknowledge their existence and respond to them in a calm manner. Reacting to a problem causes a panic and the problem does not get resolved until everyone calms down, accepts the situation and then focuses on a resolution



10.   Do you consider yourself a risk taker or do you like to play it safe?

I believe that taking risks is part of life but by mitigating the risk, I believe the best possible solution presents itself. I’m not afraid of taking risks; I just make sure that I have considered all the facts and possible outcomes my decision will have.

11.   How Would You Describe Your Management Style?
I choose to adapt my management techniques based on the present situation, as work environments are constantly dynamic and often need to be handled in unique, novel ways.


12.   How Do You Keep Staff Members Motivated?
I do my best to show recognition and acknowledgement to all employees that meet goals, which keeps morale high and employees on task. Also, when applicable, I keep tasks interdependent within the team, so that staff members require and encourage fellow staff members to complete their work.

        13 . How Do You Delegate Tasks?

For each staff member I create a sheet of detailed, relevant tasks and estimated deadlines. I then meet with each staff member individually to ensure they also agree to the deadlines and answer any questions they have. I also schedule regular work in progress meetings to check in on their status.



14.   What is Your Biggest Management Weakness?

Sometimes in the heat of a deadline, I have found that I have overlooked great work by a staff member. I am working on making sure everyone I work with gets their deserved recognition for successful completion of their tasks, because it is important that every individual staff member be recognized for their contributions toward building the company’s success



15.  Why do you want to work here at XYZ Company?

I've been following XYZ's growth and I want a company that I can grow with. Your company is solid and stable, with a growth rate of X percent last year and a great competitive position" Or, "I like a start-up environment where I can really make a difference.




16. Why should we hire you?

Because I would be an asset to your organization. I'm loyal, tenacious, motivated, and I learn fast. I'm someone who could be very productive very quickly.

17.   Let's talk about salary. What are you looking for?
right now, I'm more interested in talking more about what the position can offer my career." That could at least buy you a little time to scope out the situation. But if you do have a specific figure in mind and you are confident that you can get it, I'd say go for it. I have on many occasions, and every time I got very close to that figure

18.   Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?

I am equally comfortable working as a member of a team and independently. In researching the LMN company, your mission statement and the job description, I could see similarities to my previous position where there were some assignments that required a great deal of independent work and research and others where the team effort was most effective. As I said, I'm comfortable with both.

19.   How do you handle stress and pressure?
·  Stress is very important to me. With stress, I do the best possible job. The appropriate way to deal with stress is to make sure I have the correct balance between good stress and bad stress. I need good stress to stay motivated and productive.
·  I react to situations, rather than to stress. That way, the situation is handled and doesn't become stressful.
·  I actually work better under pressure and I've found that I enjoy working in a challenging environment.
·  From a personal perspective, I manage stress by visiting the gym every evening. It's a great stress reducer.




20.   Who was your best boss and who was the worst?
I've learned from each boss I've had. From the good ones, what to do, from the challenging ones - what not to do.

Early in my career, I had a mentor who helped me a great deal, we still stay in touch. I've honestly learned something from each boss I've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment